Sunday 18 July 2010

A little bit off Topic :)


I know this is meant to be a "beauty" blog but I must share with you the recipe of saviours!! If like me you adore your chips its all to easy to either go crazy with a mcdonalds large or entirely ban yourself from so much as smelling a chip (any contact tends to make me hungryyyy!) So in my younger years of Teen vogue I came across this recipe: Devin Alexander Mcdonalds Fries from her book "Fast food Fix", it makes the most delicious french fries which I must say I absolutely love... Anyway being as lovely a I am ;) I will share the recipe:


  • 1 3/4 teaspoons salt

  • 2 Russet poatoes (1 pound= o.45 Kilos)

  • 1 teaspoon of Extra virgin olive oil

Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 Teaspoon of salt. Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 400 F (about 200DC). Set the potatoes ona cuting board. Make straight cuts on the 4 long sides of the potatoes to remove peel (I never bother myself). With a vegetable peeler or small knife pell the ends of the potatoes. Discard the peels. With a KNife, cut the remaining potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch think sticks, varying in length. On a scale, weigh 9 onces of potatoes or measure two cups. Transfer the potatoes into the boiling water. Cook for exactly 2 1/2 minutes- no longer or they break. Drain in a colander. set aside for 5 minitues to cool.


Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add the oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Carefully tos to coat well. Place the potatoes not touching in a single layer to a large nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes turning potatoes about every 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden.


Approx 244 calories, 5g fat and <1g>

Please note that had nothing to do with the recipe and you can find the book on Amazon for about £9.99


No comments:

Post a Comment