Sunday, 5 September 2010
Tuesday, 31 August 2010
- Sephora lipstick in innocent beige- I got it when I was in California and have been wearing it since. I wanted dolce nude but i had sold out. I love this so I'm not bothered. Its a gorgeous nude and it extremely moisturizing
- Blouse&Skirt Sheer screen translucent in level 1- I got this and a few other blouse and skitrt products from TK Maxx for £10. It retails at £10 itself and I wouldnt buy it for that its a pretty basic powder. They have a dark brown shade for african skin tone and I'm tempted for contouring- a it pricey though.
- Benefit boi-ing in shade 1- Best concealer ever.. review later
- Ltd Eyelash curler- Appaling reviews on boots.com but I love it- metal ones give me square lashes.. not curled ones.
- Rimmel White eyeliner- I usually use the benefit eye bright but only found it today so have been using it recently.. Its not as good as the benefit one for naturalness (?) but get for a 50's look
- Natural collection bronzing pearls in Sahara Sun- great for warming up your complexion and completely affordable
- Pixi Blush in Pretty petal- I've done a review and am still loving it :)
- Clinique cream liner in coco shimmer- The lighter end. Great for subtle definition
- Blouse&skirt the base in NY6- I got this in the set and as much as the colour, bright orange, is completely wrong it still in a favourite (A lot of rubbing in) I got it in the set too but it retails for £19.75 I would spend that for it but get the right coulour haha
- 17 wild curls mascara- I love this stuff... already done a review :)
- Frontcover palette in "COOL"- If you can buy it its £4 down from £8 and I love the shades and the palette I will do a proper review soon :)
So there you are my current favourites and 3 posts.. ahh now I just need to be more consistent haha
Monday, 23 August 2010
Friday, 20 August 2010
Tuesday, 3 August 2010
Friday, 30 July 2010
Tuesday, 27 July 2010
Monday, 26 July 2010
Sunday, 25 July 2010
Sunday, 18 July 2010
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 Russet poatoes (1 pound= o.45 Kilos)
- 1 teaspoon of Extra virgin olive oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 Teaspoon of salt. Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 400 F (about 200DC). Set the potatoes ona cuting board. Make straight cuts on the 4 long sides of the potatoes to remove peel (I never bother myself). With a vegetable peeler or small knife pell the ends of the potatoes. Discard the peels. With a KNife, cut the remaining potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch think sticks, varying in length. On a scale, weigh 9 onces of potatoes or measure two cups. Transfer the potatoes into the boiling water. Cook for exactly 2 1/2 minutes- no longer or they break. Drain in a colander. set aside for 5 minitues to cool.
Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add the oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Carefully tos to coat well. Place the potatoes not touching in a single layer to a large nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes turning potatoes about every 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
Approx 244 calories, 5g fat and <1g>
Please note that had nothing to do with the recipe and you can find the book on Amazon for about £9.99
If you have skin anything like mine (i.e quite dry :( ) then finding a good face wash that won't make our face unbelievably dry is a mammoth task. Anyway, last year before going to a small welsh festival (verry interesting!) I needed face wipes and being in tesco I saw these babies and thought that I might as well try them as they were about £2. Being completely pleased with them (they didn't make my skin feel red raw) I decided to try this: My skin Rise and Glow daily Facial Wash.Unlike most face washes it isn't gel based and so is creamy and lovely! The strawberry in it "helps to control skin blemishes" and the cimicifuga (whatever that is!) "controls excess shine and oil". It gives you that clean feeling but also moisturises your skin- So no more dry skin days!!
I am on my fourth bottle of this £2.19 bargain and am still loving it. I plan on doing reviews on the other products in the range as I have them all!
On a final note, what could I do to get more blog followers in your opinion???
Saturday, 17 July 2010
Monday, 12 July 2010
Sunday, 11 July 2010
A few days ago i picked up Johnsons baby oil after deciding for £1.99 I might as well test it out. Anyway, as I was out of shaving gel and having read about it on the internet I used it to shave under my arms. Seriously you don't NEED shaving gel because this baby works twice as well. It protests the skin and leaves it silky smooth. I have also used it because my legs seemed particularily dry (the sun) and so I used it on my legs as a body oil moisturizer- it worked perfectly and wasn't to sticky like some body oils. I used the vaseline coco butter oil but it gave me a strong allergic reaction and so this is the perfect cheap alternative. Finaly although I have only recently purchased it I am very happy with the results and so will definately buy again in the future, also you can read up about its many uses on the internet including DIY uses!!! Needless to say a definate must have.
Friday, 9 July 2010
Because the brand is only sold in Germany, Italy and Spain (I think you may be able to get it online) I have found some alternatives:
-The purpley eyeshadow- the body shop do a similar one which was why i wanted this one, I didn't get it though as it's £9. The shadow is an eye shimmer in violet, it looks white like this one.
- The Green Eyeshadow-Maybelline expert wear mono eyeshadow in khaki chic for £3.99- i just bought the cream one and will do a review soon
-The grey eyeliner- Rimmel soft khol eye pencil in stormy grey £2.99
-The clear nail polish- being reaaallly unhelpful.. I used to have a barbara daly one in the same colour but can't remember how much it costs and I have also seen one from Rimmel for about a fiver.
Needless to say although this was in sale, the cost of items there were very reasonable and so I would definately recommend going there if you happen to be in one of those countries! Ciao for now :)
Sunday, 4 July 2010
Saturday, 3 July 2010
Wednesday, 30 June 2010
Saturday, 26 June 2010
Friday, 25 June 2010
I then went on the search for the other two glamour items, eventually after about 4 shops I managed to find Eye- Bright. It is supposed to make you look more awake if you draw a line on your waterline, previously I would have used my trusty white rimmel pencil for this and I have never needed anything else for the job. I really like the product, its slightly more natural than a block white line and it definately opens up your eye and makes it awake- maybe not worth however much it is (around £12) but it is a product I happy to have!!
Maybe not my favourite products but of course I couldn't let this £6 opportunity pass me by!!
After hearing good things about this nail polish I decided to go an purchase a few, well 5 to be specific. At the moment I have only tried button moon(pastle blue) and dynasty(pastel pink/purple) altough I also have hula hoop (barbie pink), fruit salad (coral/red/pink shade) and show off (mermaid blue.) I am loving the colours and the actual nail polish as it is fairly easy to apply and fast drying. At £1.79 a pop they are definately worth it- at the moment in boots AND suerdrug if you spend more that £4 on collection 2000 you get a free lipgloss, I shamefully have three!!!!
I want my £5 back!